What is a menstrual cup?
A menstrual cup is a small and flexible device made of soft medical grade silicone. Instead of absorbing your flow, like a tampon or sanitary pad, it catches and collects it. Once inserted, the cup will spring open (you may need to rotate it first) and rest against the walls of your vagina. It forms a seal to prevent leaks and the blood then simply drips into the cup. You should only need to empty it every 12 hours.
Why use a menstrual cup over tampons or pads?
- Can be safely used for up to 12 hours at a time
- Will not dry the vaginal cavity or leave any residue (fibres from tampons etc)
- Can help reduce the likelihood of bacterial infection (such as thrush)
- Reusable and can be safely sterilized in boiling water
- Last a very long time (up to 10 years), thus saving a lot of money that would have been spent on disposable products
- Environmentally friendly, and a great alternative to wasteful tampons
Why choose Sileu?
- Made in Spain with strict quality control
- Independently tested to ensure their products do not contain any substances of very high concern (SVHC) as part of the REACH regulations. Be wary of cheap imports, which may seem like a bargain, but have not been tested for dangerous substances.
What does ‘Soft’ mean in regards to this menstrual cup?
Sileu menstrual cups come in a variety of different designs. We currently (as of 08.11.2019) only stock the one type, which we feel is a good option for most women.
Sileu describes this design as follows: The soft model is the softest model we have available at the moment. It is somewhat more difficult to unfold once inserted, but it puts less pressure on the vaginal walls. It has four vacuum holes, so it is easier to break the seal when removing it. This model has been specially designed for women who have a weak or sensitive pelvic floor, for example, if you recently gave birth, if you have a tendency to suffer from vaginal diseases or if you do not practice pelvic floor strengthening sports. Its touch is very soft, silky and soft. The stem is short and round in shape, it can also be cut if it bothers.
What’s included with a Sileu cup?
1 x menstrual cup, 1 x carry pouch, 1 x instruction booklet
(please note, the packaging may differ slightly from the images shown in the carousel but the product itself is the same)