SelfCheck® breast milk alcohol test strips give you peace of mind when breastfeeding. Simply dip a test strip into your breast milk sample and compare the results with the included colour chart!
NOTE: If you are looking to test immediately then you may wish to purchase our PREGMATE breast milk tests instead. They have been significantly reduced in price as they expire in June this year. You can find them here.
Price is per test strip.
Why bother checking your breast milk for alcohol?
Research points to alcohol in breastmilk as being potentially dangerous for your baby’s development. These tests strips indicate if your breastmilk contains alcohol, so as to ensure you don’t breastfeed when alcohol is in your system. Or, pump your breasts only to find that the milk must be discarded.
- Shows various alcohol concentrations (not just positive and negative results).
- Results can be read in 2 minutes, and are very accurate.
- Medically approved and simple to use.
Instructions for use:
- Remove the test strip from its sealed pouch.
- Dip the test strip into the milk sample for 5 – 10 seconds.
- Lay the test strip on a clean, dry, flat and non-absorbent surface.
- Read the results after two minutes by comparing the colour with the included colour chart.
- Do NOT read the results after 3 minutes as they will not be accurate.
How to read the results:
No alcohol: The test strip will not change colour.
Alcohol: The test strip will change colour, from light blue to dark blue depending on how much alcohol is detected.
We recommend that you do not breastfeed if the results indicate any amount of alcohol.
The product datasheet will be uploaded shortly.
Your order will come with a colour chart for comparison of results.
Price is per test strip, the image used is for the largest size box available, which we break down so as to be able to sell the test strips individually (it is much cheaper and more efficient this way).